Thursday, October 14, 2010

Perfect Autumn Wreath

I finished my (187th) wreath!!!  I realize I've gone a bit overboard with wreaths lately, but this one was too perfect for fall to not make it.  Here are the 2 pictures I was going by:
I LOVE how both of these turned out- so I sort of mixed both of their methods to make my own.  Martha (or a Martha staffer, I should say) used real cornhusks, and "the nester" used wide raffia paper to create a similar effect.  I went with the raffia paper since it would be easier and may stay better in the long run.  I loved the business of Martha's- it had 5 or 6 rows, and the other had 3 rows.  So I cut my raffia in thinner strips, and did 5 rows around.  I used U-pins for some of it, and hot glue for some of it.  Both methods worked really well.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! :) 

{I couldn't find raffia at any of the THREE craft stores I went to- so I had to order it in bulk (look how huge this roll is!!) I think I have enough for make about 237 wreaths! :)}

{After unrolling the raffia rope, this is what it looks like. And then you cut it into thirds, so it goes from this...}

{To these!}




{All done!}

All I need now is a ribbon (I'm thinking sage green?) to hang it, and a perfect place on the wall! :)  I obviously haven't put it up yet, but I'll post a picture when I do!


1 comment: