Wow, I've been really bad about blogging lately. But at least some of the time has been spent doing things that I can mark off of my blog 101 list :) Right now though I'm not in the mood to look back over the last year and evaluate my progress so far- I just wanted to document some of the good laughs I've had lately :)
1. Cosmo magazine has declared that "the thong is dead". Really, Cosmo? Really? Do you think that just because you decide that the thong is no longer "trendy", that men are going to suddenly decide they no longer like it? I'm fairly certain that a man must have invented the thong to begin with, and that even though you're finally deciding that boyshorts are a more comfortable option (which they always have been- so I'm not sure why you're acting like this is a revolutionary idea), men are still going to love a thong. I'm not really a thong lover or hater, but I'm just saying that I'm not sure if you can convince men to change their feelings on this one. If, however, I am wrong and this article does have the power to eradicate the thong and make it so that men become disgusted at the thought of immodest panties, then I'd really appreciate if your next persuasive articles could be "Cellulite is Sexy" and "Changing Diapers: More Fun Than Video Games". These would really help my life, now and in the future :)
2. During Old Testament trivia at Woodlands back a few months ago, one of the trivia questions was, "Who wrote the book of Psalms in the Bible?" A few guesses were thrown out, and then one resident (whose son is also a rabbi) said, "Hamlet!" :) A few minutes later, the question was something like,"Who brought the Ten Commandments down from Mt. Sinai?" Right after I asked the question, one of the CNAs named Dennis came into the room making a sarcastic comment, so I said "Dennis!" Well then one of the ladies totally misunderstood why I was saying that name, and she guessed "Dennis the Menace!", and I just happened to say something that made her think that was the right answer. So she happily laughed and said, "Wow, I just took a guess! I didn't think I'd get that right!" So then I couldn't be a Scrooge and take away her correct answer. So, in case you didn't know, Dennis the Menace was in charge of the Ten Commandments.
3. One more Woodlands story- one of my ladies loves to talk about her trip to NYC for her honeymoon and what a wonderful time they had. But she also has told us repeatedly that while they were staying in the New York hotel, Donald Trump was staying right down the hall from them. Now, I may not be a mathmatical genius, but for a woman who's 92 and got married around 30, I don't think ol' Donald was around for this. I've tried to say, "Are you sure it was him?" and "How do you know it was him?" But she's convinced that his "men" were out in the hallway everytime they walked out of their room (she didn't actually see him), and then says "I didn't know at the time that he was the richest man in the world." I hate to break her heart, so we'll just believe that Donald was an overachiever and started his empire from the womb.
4. Heidi Montag's new plastic surgery nightmare. I don't think I even need to say anything else besides that. Oh, Heidi. I didn't know it was possible to make a decision worse than marrying Spencer.
5. This will be my last one- SNL has been great lately. There's a lady named Kristen Wig who is pure GENIUS, and I love every character she plays. There are some other funny folks on there as well, but she's just amazing. So here's one of my favorite skits of hers: